saa nähdä onko näissä paremmat "groovit", kuin muissa vastaavissa masiinoissa. helvetin hienon näköisiä ainakin, mutta pitää varmaan ryöstää joku, että riittää massit ostaa...http://www.rogerlinndesign.com/products/linndrum2/LinnDrum_II_Analog_3244x1720.jpghttp://www.rogerlinndesign.com/products/linndrum2/LinnDrum_II_3244x1720.jpg
JUne 20, 2008: Sorry for the lack of updates here. We've made quite a few improvements to the design but waiting on a number of decisions before releasing new information. Please hold your questions and I promise to update this page as soon as those decisions are made. Thanks to all those who sent in suggestions and pre-orders.
-- Roger and Dave
LinnDrum II Analog. 23.5" wide x 10.8" deep x 2" high. Click for high-resolution picture.
LinnDrum II. 15.5" wide x 10.8" deep x 2" high. Click for high-resolution picture.
In January 2007, Dave Smith and I (Roger Linn) pre-annouced BoomChik, a new drum machine product that we are creating together. Since that time, we received many enthusiastic comments and suggestions from musicians around the world that caused us to rethink and enhance the product's design. The bad news is that this design change (along with Dave's release of Prophet '08 and my release of AdrenaLinn III) has delayed our development. The good news is that the product has grown into a far more capable instrument. Also, we've decided to change the name to LinnDrum II, recalling an innovative drum machine from a bygone era. Please read on for more details.
There will be two models: the all-digital “LinnDrum II”, available from Roger Linn Design and the “LinnDrum II Analog”, which adds four analog synth voices and 32 dual-function voicing knobs, available from Dave Smith Instruments. We're currently estimating street prices of around $1400 for LinnDrum II and around $1800 for LinnDrum II Analog, and they'll be available either directly from us or from dealers at the same price. Here's a brief summary of the product features:
Features common to both products:
* Operating system is optimized for realtime live performance, with the ability to switch between beats, drop in and out of record on different beats, switch in and out of song mode and much more, all without stopping play.
* Digital voices have nearly the same signal and modulation path--including modulated filters and resonators--as shown on the LinnDrum II Analog panel. Total number of voices is not yet determined.
* 16 standard 1.1 inch square velocity- and pressure-sensitive drum pads, used for sounds, sound mutes, tunings, sequences, track mutes, sequence stutter or step recording.
* Both MPC-style real time and 808-style step recording are provided, and the 16 pads are backlit for visual animation.
* Real-time stereo digital effects on output mix--modulated multi-mode filtering, guitar amp model and bit/sample rate reduction distortion, modulated resonator, compressor, delay, reverb and EQ--with 6 dedicated on/off keys to switch them individually in or out in real time.
* Compact flash slot for data save/load/backup, or for expansion of internal sound storage.
* Internal RAM and flash size is yet to be decided.
* 128 x 64 dot graphic LCD.
* USB port for transferring samples and other files, MIDI messages and audio I/O to and from computer.
* 4 pushbutton soft knobs below the LCD, acting either as soft knobs or soft keys.
* 48 lit buttons for extensive real-time performance control.
* 2 sliders assignable to a large variety of real-time functions.
* HELP key gives descriptive text for any screen, data field, function key or knob.
* Pressing DETAILS key followed by any panel key presents a screen of settings related to the key pressed.
* 4 pairs of stereo outputs (8 digitally-generated audio outputs), with phones output fed from either main stereo out or Aux A Stereo Out.
* Stereo inputs for sampling, audio processing or triggering sounds.
* One MIDI in and two MIDI outs.
* 2 inputs for either foot switches or expression pedals, assignable to a wide variety of functions.
Additional features on Dave's LinnDrum II Analog:
* Four complex analog voices based on the same Curtis-chip synth voices used in the highly-aclaimed Prophet '08 and Evolver keyboards.
* Four direct ouputs for the four analog voices.
* 32 dedicated dual-function rotary encoders for voicing the analog and digital voices. Also used for mixer, step sequencing and other functions.
There's still a lot of work to do so late 2008 is our best estimate of when the products will be ready. I regret that I don't have time to both develop the product and answer lots of customer questions, so I appreciate your not asking any questions at this time. But please check back here periodically as I'll be adding more details as they are decided.
If you'd like to be updated on the progress and informed when we're ready to ship, if you have any comments or suggestions, or you'd like to place an advance order, please send us an email. When we're ready to ship, we'll be contacting those who placed advanced orders in the order they were received to see if they still want to buy.
And to all those whose comments and suggestions are helping to refine our design, please accept our sincere thanks.